Puerto Rico Law Firms-News & Articles, Indiano & Williams
Recent case settlements and awards of Indiano & Williams, P.S.C.
HURRICANE MARIA Claims & Litigation:
- What is PROMESA?
- BD sues for ERS and HTA
- Fraudulent transfers and obligations 11 U
- Ordinary course of business defense to a claim
- PROMESA Oversight Board sues government providers for preferential payments in bankruptcy
- PROMESA Lawsuits and effects on Puerto Rico government providers
- Defending from Suits by Supervision Board in Puerto Rico with DCI
- U.S. Bank Trust National Association v. Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Alejandro García-Padilla, in his official capacity as Governor of Puerto Rico, University of Puerto Rico and Dr. Celeste Freytes-González, in her official capacity as President of the University of Puerto Rico
- Indiano & Williams tries medical malpractice case in Federal Court.
- Failure to detect cardiac condition leads to death during operation and Indiano & Williams recovers for family.
- Patient’s fall leads to medical malpractice and Indiano & Williams recovers from hospital and doctors.
- Indiano & Williams PSC recovers for death of patient after filing medmal and EMTALA actions.
- Burgos vs. Damas Hospital: Jury Verdict of $2.3 million for adult brothers and sisters due to death of sister from blood transfusion. February 2007.
- Solís vs. HIMA Hospital: Settlement of $750,000 for adult children stemming from death of elderly mother.
- Garcia vs. VA Hospital: Settlement of $700,000 with Federal Government for malpractice claim involving death of elderly veteran.
- Torres vs. VA Hospital: Judgment of $500,000 against Federal Government for malpractice in VA’s emergency room.
- Indiano & Williams wins appeal involving Mercedes-Benz.
- Confidential settlement for injuries to guest sustained during accident related to mechanical failure of cable car/funicular.
- Ortiz vs. St. Paul Insurance, Williams Patent Crusher and Pulverizing Co.: Stipulated Judgment of $700,000 for widow and child resulting from husband/father killed in shredder accident.
- Indiano & Williams wins insurance coverage issue and secures $300,000 award against Insurance Company.
- Indiano & Williams, P.S.C. successfully obtains $6 million judgment.
- Recovery against hotel for baby’s fall after hotel failed to supply crib.
- Indiano & Williams settles automobile accident against Nilo Transportation for $400,000.
- Indiano & Williams force race track owner and race promoter to compensate widow of race crash victim.
- Indiano & Williams recovers for child victim in bus accident against United States Government.
- Indiano & Williams PSC recovers compensation for parents and child after child is injured from a fall at a fast food restaurant playground.
Class Action / Civil Rights / Constitutional Law:
- First Circuit rules in favor of Indiano & Williams in two First Amendment Election cases.
- David C. Indiano argues on behalf of Partido Nuevo Progresista (PNP) before First Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston, Massachusetts on June 6, 2012.
- Indiano & Williams wins class action against the Colegio de Abogados (the Puerto Rico Bar Association).
- Indiano & Williams Obtains Judgment Against Five Marshals.
- David Indiano Named to Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in Antitrust Class Action Lawsuit Against Shipping Companies.
News and recent articles by firm members:
- David C. Indiano Admitted to American College of Trial Lawyers.
- A 5-4 Supreme Court Expands Federal Court Jurisdiction in Role Reversal” The Federal Lawyer, February 2006, Volume 53, Number Two.
- “The Top 10 Myths About Puerto Rico Statehood” The Federal Lawyer, August 2005, Volume 52, Number Seven. By David C. Indiano.
- “The Constitution: It Ain’t Broke” The Federal Lawyer, May 2004, Volume 51, Number Four. By David C. Indiano.
- Emergency Medical Care in Puerto Rico a Disaster But Federal Law Provides Relief.
- David Indiano’s Letter to the Editor: San Juan Star ‘Thoughts on the Importance of The Federal Court in Puerto Rico.’.
- David Indiano’s Views on Puerto Rico and Presidential Elections.